We are thrilled and extremely proud to announce a new iPad application: this time is swissinfo.ch, an innovative news reader application for swissinfo, the heir of the now extinct Swiss Radio International which ceased broadcasting back in 1999. swissinfo.ch offers an international and Swiss perspective on major news around the world, in 9 languages, updated every day with exclusive content. swissinfo.ch is a branch of the SRG, the state-owned media conglomerate. This iPad app was developed by akosma software, and was released to the public in December 11, 2010.
The swissinfo.ch iPad app is compatible with iPhone OS 3.2 and iOS 4.2, and it offers access to text, video and podcasts published in the swissinfo.ch website. Quick showcase of some application features:
- Access content in 9 languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese and Japanese.
- Store every article read and read it while offline.
- Get an overview of the news in the latest week.
- Add bookmarks for articles in a convenient location for later reference.
- Watch videos (this requires a network connection).
- Listen to podcasts in the background while using other applications (requires a network connection and iOS 4.2).
- Print articles (requires iOS 4.2).
- Share articles con Twitter and Facebook.
- Share articles via e-mail, optionally with a PDF of the article.
- Change languages from within the application (might require a network connection to download content in the new language).
The swissinfo.ch team has also prepared a great, funny and viral video to introduce the application! This video has been showcased in many websites and blogs all over the world and talks about the history of Switzerland from a rather unusual point of view Check it out!
You can download swissinfo.ch from the App Store! It is a free application.