We are very happy to announce the first edition of the Cross-Platform Mobile Web Application Development Training in London!
This three day intensive course, brought to you jointly by Zerofee and akosma software takes you from being a web developer to being a mobile developer. We take you through the basics of writing HTML5 applications for mobile devices, cover the additional APIs that allow you to access the functions of the devices (like storage, geo-location, accelerometers) and put you in control of deploying an application to either iOS or Android devices.
The training will cover the following:
- Overview of options for bringing web apps to a mobile device
- Overview of HTML5 technologies for mobile development
- In depth review of jQuery Mobile and Sencha Touch
- Bundling your app for the device with PhoneGap
What you will walk away with
There will be lots of hands-on working building an application from scratch and bringing it to life on your mobile device. We will build two applications – one with jQuery Mobile, one with Sencha Touch and bring them to “life” as native applications on a mobile device.
- 3 days of intensive, hands-on training in a small group (max 12 people), with plenty of time to talk to the instructor.
- Full lunch meal.
- Plenty of snacks and drinks during the day.
To attend this training, you must have prior experience in the following technologies:
- HTML, CSS
- Previous programming experience
These are the hardware and software requirements:
- Laptop (Mac or PC) with either iOS SDK (OS X with XCode) or Android SDK (OS X, Windows, Linux) installed and running
- Any text editor
- Web browser: Safari or Chrome
Optionally, you can also bring your mobile device (iOS, Android, Windows Mobile) to install your mobile web apps into it.
When and Where
The 3 day course will be held from October 1st to October 3rd in London, in the Hoxton Hotel, 81 Great Eastern Street, EC2A 3HU London.