Trifork AG and akosma software are organizing a one-day, 5-hour training in Zürich about iPhone development! The iPhone Course for Beginners takes you on a 5 hour trip, from creating your first Xcode project to submitting an application to the App Store.
This training is targeted to web, J2EE and .NET developers looking to get a hands-on introduction to the new world of Cocoa Touch, the iPhone, Xcode and all of this whole Apple frenzy. It can also help future iPhone project managers to understand the complexity and requirements of their future projects.
It will take place Wednesday, December 9, 2009 from 4 PM to 9 PM in Zürich (the exact location will be announced later).
- Introduction to Cocoa Touch and Objective-C;
- Creation of an Xcode project;
- iPhone application design: design patterns, best practices, tips and tricks;
- Use of Interface Builder to create user interfaces;
- Application architecture: the Model-View-Controller paradigm;
- iPhone features:
- Using touch events;
- Using the accelerometer;
- Accessing the camera;
- Getting location information from the GPS;
- Sending e-mail from an application;
- Preparing an app for deployment:
- Ad-Hoc deployment procedures;
- Testing the application on the device;
- Adding an icon and a default image;
- Submitting an application to the App Store;
- Maintenance tasks:
- Adding unit tests;
The course includes a USB key with a PDF booklet including the whole contents of the course, plus the complete source code of the application created during the session.
- Previous programming knowledge in any object-oriented language;
- Basic knowledge of the Mac OS X user interface.
- A MacBook computer;
- Mac OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard”;
- Xcode 3.2;
- iPhone SDK 3.0 or higher
If you have an iPhone Developer Program account, feel free to bring your iPhone and USB cable to the course too, but this is not mandatory.
Price: CHF 150.00 for attendees of the iPhone Developer Days in October 2009 in Zürich, and CHF 200.00 for those who haven’t attended the seminar.
To register, choose one of the following options:
- Send an email to email@example.com;
- Mark your RSVP status in the Facebook Event;
- Or in the LinkedIn Event.
- None Found