I am a big WordPress fan. And I do not suffer from the NIH syndrome. So when I had to build a site for my company, the choice of WordPress was a natural one. I’ve been using it for Open Kosmaczewski (my personal blog now) for over 3 years, and I must say that it impresses every day a bit more.
For those wondering what’s behind the hood in this new WordPress blog, this blog / site displays the Basic Maths theme for WordPress, designed by Khoi Vinh & Allan Cole (to all RSS subscribers out there: I recommend taking a look at their theme. It’s simply beautiful).
As for the plugins, here’s the full list, and I use a lot of them, indeed:
- Akismet (duh)
- All in One SEO Pack
- Amazon Reloaded for WordPress
- Contact Form 7
- Email Log
- FeedBurner FeedSmith
- Google Analytics for WordPress
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Lightbox 2
- List Subpages
- Page Links To
- Really Simple CAPTCHA
- Similar Posts
- Simple Google Map
- Simple Sidebar Share Widget (which I customized a bit)
- Subscribe To Comments
- SyntaxHighlighter Evolved (which I had to tweak a bit, given that the support for Objective-C is currently broken off the box, which as you can imagine is a bummer for an iPhone dev blog like this one 🙂
- Technorati Incoming Links
- Twitter Tools and its accompanying plugins: Bit.ly URLs, Exclude Category and Hashtags
- WordPress.com Stats
- WP Super Cache
- WPtouch iPhone Theme, which powers the mobile version of this site.
Kudos to all the WordPress plugin developer community! There’s really an astounding amount of high quality plugins out there. Amazing stuff.
Finally, and somewhat related and unrelated with WordPress at the same time, I’ve also become a keen user of MarsEdit, which I am using to write articles for my both blogs. I don’t know why I haven’t bought a copy of this brilliant software before. If you’re any serious about blogging, get your copy of MarsEdit now (disclaimer: I’m not affiliated with Red Sweater Software LLC in any way, I’m just a very, very happy customer).
- None Found